MYGREYGARDENS

Thursday, July 8, 2010

GREY GARDENS MEMORIES BY ROBB BRAWN

I just got finished listening to about an hour audio tape recorded at Grey Gardens, over 30 years ago when I was visiting Edie. We had just come back from lunch in East Hampton, and were getting ready to do some singing. As was most often the case, we blabbed more than we sang, and I am so thankful all these years later that it was all captured on tape. I love the fact that the tape recorder picked up the sounds of Edie walking in and out of the kitchen getting drinks. There was a unique sound to walking on that old wood floor, and you can hear it several times in the documentary. There is also the sound of the slamming of the front screen door. Our topics were as always, cats, music, and politics. Singing wise, this was one of my favorite sessions, as Edie was singing in French. We took pictures on the front lawn that day as well as the 2nd floor deck, which I think has since been removed. Lots more about those days at http://www.mygreygardens.com

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home